Looking to maintain your fitness regime while on vacation or perhaps this is the beginning of a new phase in your physical wellness? Kapalua Spa offers one of the most state-of-the-art fitness facilities in all of Hawaii. We have an extensive line of Technogym cardio and weight equipment, as well as the cutting-edge Kinesis system.
Whether you are interested in working out on your own or with a group, Kapalua Spa offers a wide variety of ways for you to get you heart rate pumping. Enjoy use of the gym on your own, seek the assistance of one of our professional personal trainers, or participate in one of our many classes offered.
Fitness Classes Offered
- - Abs: Want a more toned stomach? Try this class designed to melt away belly fat, while increasing core strength and flexibility.
- - Back Stretches: Flow back and forth between core stretching and strengthening exercises that rapidly relieve pain, improve freedom of movement, enforce proper posture, and enhance quality of life.
- - Ballet Barre: This fun, Pilates and ballet-inspired workout uses the barre to strengthen, lengthen, tighten and tone your body while increasing flexibility and range of motion. *NEW*
- - Beach Fitness Walk (Complimentary Class): A complimentary guided beach walk. Enjoy nature, learn about the land and history of Kapalua, and work on posture, form, and foot strike.
- - Body Balance and Stability Ball Training: A full body workout using the stability ball, weights and/or bands to build strength, flexibility and balance.
- - Boot Camp: Structure, motivation, and results driven workout to boost fitness levels.
- - Cardio Pilates: Standing Pilates moves that will burn fat, increase balance and re-energize and sculpt your body.
- - Creative Strength & Balance: This class uses various balls, bands, weights and other balancing apparatuses for a creative and fun workout.
- - Flow Yoga: A combination of standing and floor poses building strength and flexibility while moving with the breath. Great for all levels!
- - Gentle Yoga: Walk through a series of poses that will bring you peace of mind and relaxation. Appropriate for beginners!
- - Heart of Hula: Experience the unique culture and aloha through the history of Hawaiian and Tahitian dancing and learn how to make a traditional Hawaiian flower hair piece.
- - Kinesis 101: Learn how to make the most of your workout using the Kinesis Wall in our state of the art Fitness Center. This four-station circuit creates a fantastic workout, combining cardio, strength and flexibility training into a workout as short as 30minutes. The cables 360-degree range of motion makes it an extremely versatile workout that can be customized for anyone from a beginner to a professional athlete.
- - Metabolism Boost: This 45 minute interval workout combines cardio, strength, and core in supersets to quickly burn off those calories and increase your metabolism to keep you going throughout the day.
- - Pilates: Focuses on the core postural muscles which help keep the body balanced and provide support for the spine.
- - Strength & Cardio Circuit: The perfect way to work up a sweat in the morning. A variety of stations designed to provide a cardio and strength workout. Individual and partner exercises to keep things interesting and fun. All ability levels welcome!
- - Stretch and Relax: Learn breathing exercises, visualization, and self hypnosis to relax the body and mind.
- - Yogalates: A combination of Yoga and Pilates.
Now Offering Ocean Front Fitness Classes:
- Makai Yoga with Resistance Bands*: This class combines holding your favorite yoga poses while challenging your muscles with resistance bands. Guests will enjoy the ultimate experience of strength, balance and focus, while thriving in our pristine outdoor paradise.
- Makai Yoga Boot Camp*: This circuit inspired beachside class combines the benefits of Yoga, strength training and plyometrics together in one class to improve your cardio-respiratory fitness as well as balance and flexibility. It is sure to be the perfect start to an energized day!
*Classes will take place in front of the Residences at Kapalua Bay at the Kuunaakaiole “The Point” that overlooks the Kapalua Bay. Please meet at the Kapalua Spa Lobby. In case of inclement weather conditions, classes will take place in the Kapalua Spa Movement Studio.
Fitness Center Hours: 5:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Athletic Shoes Required)
Age Requirement: We welcome guests 16 years of age or older to enjoy all of our spa services.
For our current schedule of classes, please contact the Kapalua Spa at email@example.com or 808-665-8282.